Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Stuff...

Last night I lost the my pearl off a necklace my hubby gave me eighteen years ago, and he gave it to me just because he loved me. :) We had been married almost two years...now we are going on twenty-one. (so a LONG time ago!) You can imagine the sentimental value. That was last night... and this morning I kept saying to myself..."it's just stuff, it's just stuff" repeating often as I was going downstairs to my room. On the second to the last step I stepped on it. Now, I had gone up and down those steps several times last night and again this morning. My pearl was in the middle of the step and I didn't even notice it...so, I am ever so thankful to be reminded again that I really know it is just stuff and I would give it all away if that is what I am called to do...

Like how in the Bible Jesus talked about in Matthew 6 starting in verse 19 Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store for yourself treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do NOT destroy, and where thieves do NOT break in a steal. For where your treasure is , there will be your heart also.

I am reminded of this, thank you God as I am finishing up preparing for our son to come home. In our house we do have a lot of stuff...I don't believe it is more then an average family...at least I hope NOT!! But, I want my treasure to be in heaven...where my heavenly Father lives! I want to be obedient to what God wants me to do. Sometimes, it is hard to part with stuff like my pearl...but it can be done!! And the choice is ours...where is your heart?

No comments: