Saturday, November 19, 2011

Confession...

I have a confession, it's like the same day after day! Why can't I learn my lessons? The verse below came to me this morning while I was working/tolerating my grandmother. Do I do everything so God can work in me the way he wants me to? Well, probably not...I sometimes stumble and complain about my situation instead of giving the glory to God that he is holding me up.

28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a]have been called according to his purpose.

To think about the why of my life I just need to remember to get through one day, one hour, one minute or even one second. So far this morning I have had to count the hours that I have made it through counting on God and really trying to let go and let God handle the situation. Thanks be to God that I have made it four hours so far! Praise God I only had one melt down of tears because of something my grandmother said. But I should know she really is talking out of her mind...but you know words can hurt!

I am so thankful to know that I am a child of god and can count on him and remember to count my blessings!! My mom has my daughter, the boys are playing outside...it's just the right temperature that it is comfortable out. Have baked apple crisp and banana bread (the best I think I have ever made...Bonus!!!!) Working on my third load of laundry...easy because it is the round of sheets and towels! Love it! God has given me strength to get to this hour!! Thank you God!

Giving God the glory for the good in my life is easy! I just need to remember to to turn the icky stuff that happens into praise. Like the song we played and sang over and over again when we were adopting Kristina...

Blessed Be Your name When I'm found in the desert place Though I walk through the wilderness Blessed Be Your name
  Every blessing You pour out I'll turn back to praise When the darkness closes in, Lord Still I will say  
Blessed be the name of the Lord Blessed be Your name Blessed be the name of the Lord 
Blessed be Your glorious name  Blessed be Your name 
When the sun's shining down on me When the world's 'all as it should be' 
Blessed be Your name  Blessed be Your name 
On the road marked with suffering Though there's pain in the offering Blessed be Your name 
 Every blessing You pour out I'll turn back to praise 
When the darkness closes in, Lord Still I will say  Blessed be the name of the Lord Blessed be Your name
 Blessed be the name of the Lord Blessed be Your glorious name
Blessed be the name of the Lord Blessed be Your name Blessed be the name of the Lord 
Blessed be Your glorious name  You give and take away You give and take away
 My heart will choose to say Lord, blessed be Your name

So today every hour I am going to Give God the glory for EVERYTHING!  
Thank you God!

No comments: