Sunday, June 10, 2012


Way Behind...

Sorry, things have been so crazy here!  We are trying to get into a groove since school let out.  Like getting all the ants out of their pants!  Now we are pretty much over that!  I missed her gotcha day on Thursday...and I will post about that.  Today happens to be her America day as we call it.  The day she flew in and became an American citizen!  That's for another day!

This is from the weekend we got her before she was ours!



(Can't get the pics to go with the paragraphs!!  Sorry!!!)

We woke up to a giggling little girl!!  She was so happy to see us!!  We all cuddled in bed before we got up.  Mommy made breakfast...all of us still in our pj's!  Then we got ready for a walk...we walked a short walk about 15 blocks, Kristina just wasn't in the mood.  She came home and played with her toys.  She loves cupboards!!  Thankfully this apt has many on her level.  So she is in 7th heaven!

We did her treatments...mommy was working on laundry and tata (Serbian for daddy) was the busy go between!  He took out the garbage!!  Wahoo!!  ;)  Just kidding, tata works hard!!  I was the busy little housewife and mother.  I cleaned and did laundry. I know how to do laundry now!!  WAHOOOOOO  We have a vacuum for the floors and I had the windows open for the outside laundry smell!

Tata got out the little DVD player to see how she would like it..we hoped a lot since we wanted to have it as a distraction on the plane.  I even got out the headphones for her.  Her favorite spot is her tata's lap!  She was sprawled out in his lap with her hands on her checks watching Little Bear.  And her tata watched it without the sound.  I did the email catching up and enjoyed the time...

Nap time was a breeze!!  She went off cheerfully to take a nap!  She slept and mama and tata watched the movie The Terminal with Tom Hanks!!  Awesome movie!!  Then Kristina woke up changed her, gave her a snack, and went for another walk..about the same as before.  We did not carry her as much as she wanted..She needs the exercise as much as we do!!

After we got home...she played and tata and mommy started supper.  We wanted to have Sunday night pizza night, as Dan's parent's had done.  You should have seen the pizza I made.  We bought this, what I thought was pizza like sauce...seasoned.  Well, it was like ketchup..regular old ketchup!  What a disappointment!!  Anyway, I bought pizza cheese thanks to a woman before me at the meat counter, because she asked for it first.  We had this, I don't know...kinda a cross between a hot dog and pepperoni.  So, I cut the bread  (oh, the bread!!  it is delicious) like having french bread pizza.  It was actually very good.  Well, our little Kristina still does not really like chunky food...so, mommy had rice left over and she added some milk, that hot doggie cut in micro peices, and added the pizza cheese.  Oh and I added some green beans!  She loved her meal!!  She ate like 1 1/2 bowls full.  The happiness on her face was priceless!!

Kristina played a little with this little doll and she was taking care of her.  Then it was her bath time!  My gosh, you would have thought we offered her the moon.  She got in and started playing with her toys.  I always wash her first...then she has the rest of the time to play and won't be interrupted.  But, we did bother her, I took pictures and we were talking to her.  We got her to say hello...she waved and was soooo cute.  It's a whirlpool tub and her little head is the only thing you see...you have to see her!  She played for a long time...then we said time to get out and she went right to tata and mommy got her ready for bed. After she played with tata and then got some lovin's from mama then she went of to bed..

She went off to bed just fine but she got a little noisy before she finally fell asleep.  When we went to make sure she was sleeping we noticed that she had wrapped her babo (baby doll) in a burp rag...Oh, was that to die for!!  That is my baby taking care of her baby!!  :)  So as a gramma of a babo, I was so proud!!

We wanted to watch another movie..as this cable has MUCH to be desired!!  Oh, man.ick!!  The movie was a Hallmark, The Love Letter.  Very good, my husband's favorite and it is a chick flick..but it is quite good!!  We both fell asleep!  UGH!!  Parenting is ????, but it makes you tired!  I can't believe the rest of you with multiple kids!  Some day, that will be us...but wow... when you have kids...such a different life!  And mine's a girl!  So like me...can't believe it!!  But, she actually has some of her tata's traits as well!

God, is such an AWESOME God...I know I have said that before!!  But, every little detail!!  She even picks and moves things with her feet!  Same as her mother (me)!!  My husband freaked!!  She loves to primp in the mirror!  We have a mirror door on the wardwrobe/closet that is about 3 feet wide by 12ish tall!  She is a girly girl..but can also get dirty!!  She is fascinated with the kitchen...I know this is all new to her..She is adorable!  Oh, LOVES lipstick!!  Mommy has a fetish with that too.  I brought several shades!  She has worn 2.  And best of all, she has a shoe fetish as well!!  :)

That was the end of day 15..a pretty much perfect Sunday.  We missed going to church!!  And I wished I didn't have to do laundry, as we try really hard not to work on Sunday's.  But, I was ill on day 14, so day 15 was the day.  It really was a beautiful day!

 Here is the day we had to bring her back to the orphanage after our weekend with her!

We woke up to little Miss Kristina giggling, and it was soo cool!  She came and snuggled again.  She had breakfast again in her pj's !  She got ready..while mom took forever!  I don't know if she understood what was happening.  I think she thought she going for a walk.

Anyway, I packed a couple of outfits for her.  She tried to help me.  She took everything out of her drawers and put them on our bed..  It was so cute!!

She was so excited to be going for a car ride.  When we got to the orphanage, she was a little hesitant about going in.  And would you believe that the NURSE was working! UGH!  We saw her favorite nurse and Kristina was happy to see them and her room!  Which was good as she has to be there for the next two days.  Tomorrow we go to get her birth certificate.  It's about 2 hours away.

Anyway, we saw our facilitator in a flash, she wanted us to make an appt for Kristina's visa.  So we went to the US Embassy. Okay, I was THRILLED to death to see the American flag!!  But, surprised that the guards did not speak English.  We went in and went thru the security stuff.  Then we went down the stairs and were told that we would told we would be called by name.  We waited for 20 minutes...I think we were the only American's in there, or so it seemed.

Well, we talked to the man at the window...nice man!  I was a little nervous..don't  tell Dan. He said he would be right back..he came back with our, paperwork stuff.  Freaky, that they could pull that within minutes of us going to the window.  He explained the paperwork and such.    And the cost of the visa is $380.00 USD.  I thought it was $350.00, but whatever.  He checked our pictures that we had for her and he said they were just fine.  We told him that we get her new birth certificate tomorrow.  And we made the apt for Wed at 2pm.  Scary, I know that God is in this...but it is kinda like WOW!  Were bringing a kid home to America!!  Okay, you all have to remember that she is our first!!

The time came to leave that building...I asked about calling a taxi as we do not have a cell phone.  We were told to just hail one off the street.  Okay, I was chicken!!  I asked Dan, what if we walk?  There was a policeman, and I asked if he spoke English, and he laughed.  And we started walking...we walked down the street that was bombed in 1999, by NATO.  (Thanks Dan for that info)  The walk was so easy..we walked passed the Mc Donald's and on to our apt!  And we went not knowing where we were going...just looking at tall buildings that we see from our street.

We have come a LONG way from the first Sunday we were here.  Literally, scared to death to walk past the opening of our building.  We can go anywhere, I think, but please don't make me hail a cab.  I think I would die!!

So, we made it home..needed to exchange money for the trip and for our lawyer.  We always exchange at the Bank of Greece which is down the street.  The same guys are there every time.  And we chat of course while they do the transaction.  Today I told him that this is the last week he is going to see us.  And he asked why..and I told him that we were going back to the States.  He asked us if we would miss Serbia, and I explained the things that we would miss.  The stores closing early and not open on Sunday.  The laid back lifestyle....except for the cars!!  Oh, my goodness...I have nearly died millions of times riding in them.  Mom, you'd have died the very first trip!!  And the fresh produce.  This trip made me think about what is really important.  It doesn't matter where you live, what you have, what you have achieved..but your faith in God and your family!!  Living with God is without a doubt something I missed here!!  Nobody that I have talked to talks about God!!  Boy...that was sad to me...but I did not hesitate to talk about God, as He is the reason we got here!!  Maybe someone will try to find out more...because I said something to them.  And when God asks me about Serbia..I can tell Him that He was there and people knew that I loved Him and was not afraid to show it!

The young man at the bank said he would miss us!  He was so cute.  I told him about the story of getting off the plane without any numbers or anything.  He laughed.  I told Dan when we left, that we have really made some kind of impressions on Serbia!!  :)  The Pekabeta was our next trip...we needed a few things.  Sometimes the things you need, they are not always there..so then you need to make several trips in a week, or walk to another little store.  Most of what we needed was on our list.  This lunchmeat was to die for..it was so good.  I also got our old stand-by mortadella!  :)  The bread!!  And of course we could not resist the CHOCOLATE that we love.  It was Dan who could not resist it!!  But, mom I bought those marshmellow on top of a cookie covered with chocolate.  Kinda like the ones the Easter Bunny put in our baskets!  :)

Lunch was kinda on the go for us as we were in  a hurry to get back to Kristina.  She had NOT taken a nap.  Later she got crabby!  OOPS...no nap=crabby!!  She played on the swings..and I asked if Jovan  could go outside.  He is on the same floor as Kristina in about the opposite corner.  The nurse said yes, and put socks on him, and away we went.  We have seen him scoot across the floor and also make his way around in a walker.  It was such a beautiful day out, I couldn't help myself!  Kristina didn't mind.  I put him in the swing next to her.  She laughed and said his name.  He wanted out of the swing so I let him slide down a few slides then put him on the ground.  Kristina was swinging and playing with her babo.

Jovan rolled around the ground and laughed..more like a soft high whisper.  He does not talk..but he has a bright spirit!  He scooted around the ground..he was outside for a little over an hour.  We went in to do her "mask" as we call it.  I gave Jovan back to a nurse..then went to help Kristina with the mask.  After her treatment we went into her room to play, and guess who came scooting down the hall?  Yup, that would be Jovan!  He came into her room and just giggled with his high pitched whisper.  Kristina was playing with her babo.  Jovan and Kristina were interacting..which I thought was a blessing..cuz they both need child interaction.  Anyway, Jovan got up into a toddler bed..and wanted to look out a window..I had showed him outside several days earlier..anyway I picked him up and we were looking out the window and Kristina wanted up too.  She and Jovan laughed and looked out the window.  We waved to the workers outside.  And Kristina tried to pick up the "baby".  I laughed..then Kristina wanted to go out of course..and I stood there with Jovan..he was so happy!  Then I started to sing to him..he melted in my arms!  I don't sing well at all..but God gave me a voice that reached Jovan..  I sang Jesus Loves Me and a couple of other kids songs.  I prayed hard for Jovan..I asked God to help his spirit and him from a horrible life that he could have.  I told Jovan in his ear that Jesus loved him and God made him for a reason, we don't know why...but for some reason and he was loved!!  He was so peaceful.  He has a little excited wild side as well!!  Loves glasses..He does not speak..but he has a strong spirit and grip!!  With a just a little love and the right help he would be perfect..even with his limb difference!!  Please pray for him..I just feel that everyone needs to pray for him!!  Pray for his spirit, and his life, that God would spare it from the hell he will have to go to if no one takes him as a son!  I know they all need homes..but please pray for him!  I feel a burden!

I gave Kristina a bath and we had to hurry as it was thundering and lightening out..you all know what happened the last time it rained...no taxi!!  But, this was going to be a big rain!!  So we got a taxi by the hair in our chinny chin chins!! The street was flooded when we got out!  It continued to rain for hours!!  I made supper!  The best hamburger I have ever tasted, and not really any grease!!  Then I have tried to straighten up her toys and her clothes that she had taken out.  Then spent lots of time online!  It is late and 5am is coming fast!  Hope everyone and there families are well!!  See ya for day 17 and the birth certificate!  :)  Yippeee!!

Exciting wasn't it?  Re-reading it, I can remember those days like they were yesterday!  So, now I have to tell the story of her adoption day...and that will be another day, as there is a wonderful thunderstorm starting now and I want to get off the computer!

No comments: