Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Funny...

True story...kinda icky gross, but funny!! (disclaimer...if you have a weak stomach maybe don't read this post!) On our way to Serbia (when we adopted Srecko) I didn't feel well before the trip at all, almost said we couldn't make it. I finished packing by laying down then I'd get up and pack a little then lay down some more trying NOT to get sick...oh I felt like I had the flu or something! I just felt awful!!

Anyway I made it on the plane...with LOTS of praying and LOTS of anti-nausea pills!! I was trying to survive by sleeping and taking the pills off and and on. By the time we made it to Belgrade I was feeling better...or so I thought. (Details to come) We went to our meeting with the Ministry Officials and then we went to see Srecko. I think the excitement of the day really helped me not to be so ill.

Now on to the third day I felt so sick again and forced myself to go to our morning visit...because I wanted to see Srecko and to be completely honest I didn't want anything to work against us during our bonding. Made it through the morning visit, had lunch and laid down trying to feel better...forced myself to go to the afternoon visit. Well an hour or so into our visit I told hubby that I really DID NOT feel well. I tried everything I could to feel better, then Srecko's social worker came by and I told her I was sick and had to leave...she said it was okay and I would feel better tomorrow. Loved her optimism!!

Anyway got a ride back to the apartment and the whole time I am thinking don't throw up, don't throw up. I think I jumped out of the car as it was still moving to park...and started to run up the 4 long flights of stairs!! The elevator wasn't working!!!! I made it up just half way up the first flight when it happened!! Let's just say it was the afternoon and I had eaten lunch thinking I would feel better by eating...um NO!! As I was standing there on the cold marble steps...losing my lunch my hubby hadn't made it in yet from the car... But a man heard me and came to hold my forehead while I was throwing up. A strange man came to my rescue!! What a blessing...but first he asked me if I was DRUNK!!! I was crying at that point...and I said NO NO I was ADOPTING from the Belgrade orphanage! Some crazy American woman I am sure he thought I was!! But he helped me up the stairs to the apartment...I went and laid down and hubby cleaned up the stairs!

And um NO I did not make it the next day! I had an almost 102 degree temperature!! I thought the whole time we would not be successful at adopting Srecko because I was sick. I cried and prayed the whole time hubby went to go visit Srecko that God would grant the orphanage staff understanding during my absence! Guess what? We adopted him! And I went back the following day feeling much better! God is SO good!

We laugh about it now...especially when I can no longer eat the meal I ate that day! I also remember that day because I called my mom crying...before I prayed. She told me to think of something good out of the situation...and I said ya right!! But after I hung up I did just that and thought of many more than one thing and I think that helped me feel better faster! Now more posts about the children...

No comments: