Thursday, October 28, 2010

New Post...

It was brought to my attention that I have not blogged in thirteen days. Well, as some bloggers know sometimes you are just too busy or run out of ideas to blog about. FYI not the case here, well maybe the busy part but no I have not run out of ideas and topics! :) Lucky readers you all are!

Right now I am dealing with P words. Some not my favorite because they are hard to do sometimes! But one is an absolute joy and a thrill to do. Curious?

Patience:
1) bearing pains or trials calmly or without complaint
2) manifesting forbearance under provocation or strain
3) not hasty or impetuous
4) steadfast despite opposition, difficulty, or adversity
5) able or willing to bear

Perseverance:
to persist in a state, enterprise, or understanding in spite of counter-influences, or discouragement

Praise:
1) to express a favorable judgement of
2) to glorify (a god or saint) especially by the attribution of perfection
~for me it is glorifying GOD~

Those are all P words..my most favorite is PRAISE and my most favorite way to express myself! Just ask my kids and dogs! Let's just say my kids love when mommy praises God more then my dogs. :) Through thick and thin we are to praise God! It is easier to praise him when we are happy and thankful. But we must also praise him when we aren't happy.

Perseverance is a tough thing. What it means to me..state of mind and being, to hang tough. Like stand firm when being attacked and wait quietly until it is over. Maybe not the correct meaning..but one I keep in my head. Or like a roller coaster ride that goes up down and all around it doesn't matter...just HANG on!

Now patience is quite the word! As I was reading each of the definitions, I realize that I am NOT patient! Bearing pains or trials calmly or without complaint...um NO I do not. And the list goes on and um the answer is I am not patient! Then it come to me that God is patient with me! Oh, did that make me sit up and really think about that. How many times has God called me to do something or not to. How long does he wait for me to come to him with my every need instead of my forging ahead by myself? How long does he wait for me to come and ask forgiveness? He waits... And he waits with patience. Some day I would love to wait bearing my pains and trials calmly or without complaint!! It is a blessing to know God does have patience and perseverance with me! Thank you God!

For me, I must have patience along with perseverance and always praise God for everything!!!

No comments: