Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Joy of the Lord...

The joy of the Lord is my strength! I believe that! During this adoption process many things have happened. Some really affected my in a very hurtful way. Nearly knocking me to the ground, but I reached up and out to God and he has sustained me!

Lately when I need strength or peace I pick up my feet and run for my Bible! In Ephesians 6:10-11 (RSV) Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. Here it is in black and white. God will be there to help me stand!

One of the Bible's I have been reading is one that belonged to hubby's grandmother. I have no idea how we got it..but I love seeing what she underlined and notes that she had written. I did not really know her very well, but would like to think that she happy that we are adding to our family. The other Bible is one that she had given us for our wedding present. It's interesting after all these years how they are joined together. God is good! Each of these Bibles and the one that is mine and the one that has carried me for many years each have a different version. God is using THREE different ways to tell me what I need to hear and obey!

And I am listening loud and clear...and still learning and still asking for help to stand. And my verse I have repeated many times is Romans 8:31 What then shall we say to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? I have read many adoption blogs (cried, laughed, gotten goose bumps, and prayed for them) and you know I have read many parents that have had family and friends go against them. Things that people say and sometimes do may happen, but we need to rise up and reach for our heavenly father! He loves us and wants us to run to him, like we want our adopted children to run to us! When was the last time you ran and reached up to our heavenly Father?


No comments: