Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Waiting...

Waiting is so ? Sometimes it's easy, but I think for the most part it is hard!! Especially waiting for a child to come home through adoption. When a "tummy" mommy has a baby, she watches he/she grow from the very beginning. She can "carry" that new baby within her from the very begining. An adoption is hard because you don't see your child grow..he/she is far away, not able to be "carried" anywhere. I am not feeling sorry for myself or anything like that..but for me to think of a little boy so far away is hard. And waiting to get him is a hard thing for me to do..

I know where he is..I know what he looks like..I know how he smiles..I know what he sounds like..I know how he walks..I know so many things..I do not know when he is coming home..

So, I do not talk about our adoption as we are ready..just trying to finish gathering the pennies to get him. My heart sometimes just breaks for him. I broke down in tears when I saw this teddy bear the other day. I hugged it and cried..and of course ended up taking him home to be the buddy for my new son. See, my new son has everything he needs..clothes, toys, and even shoes. All of those things I thought were going to be for his brother that we brought home last fall..but his brother is much much smaller then I figured..so now we have all of those things. My first son has a lot of hand me downs. :)

Anyway, I thought I had better say something about our adoption and where we were with it. Waiting, and waiting some more. Praying and praying some more. Trusting God more and more! Thank you God for your perfect timing in bringing our new little boy home...

1 comment:

Zactly said...

Glad you posted about your adoption. Here's a hug for you Tammy ((( ))). I know the waiting is hard. I pray for you all and your new son often. Hope he is able to come home soon.