Thursday, May 24, 2012

A Confession...

I need to confess something that has been bothering me for awhile.  We have a situation (won't go into it) and it is really terrifying me!!  For me to talk about faith on this blog and not have it, is making me a hypocrite!!  And I don't want to be that way.  It took faith and perseverance to adopt our three miracles!  So why am I having trouble with this situation...there are so many variables that are floating around in my mind and I am NOT giving God any of the control.

There was a reason that this situation came about and I believe God orchestrated that, but now I just can't see how it is going to work out in the end.  There are so many verses I can quote from the Bible.  Like the first chapter of James...it talks a lot about perseverance and faith.  Verse 6 says "But when he asks, he must believe and NOT doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind."  Verse 7 "That man should NOT think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is double-minded man, unstable in all he does."

Yep, that is me right now...trying to give it up to God, but just can't let go.  Some days I am really able to and then I take it right back again.  I take things little by little and try really hard to find the little mercies God gives me, because God is a merciful and gracious God and HE will NOT fail me!  Wow, we won't drop off the edge and God will provide all our needs!  Needs not wants!!  And let me tell you that I know the difference!  That is why God says to live only for today as for tomorrow has enough of it's own trouble.  (Paraphrased that last part)  The version that is true and not paraphrased is actually found in Matthew 6 verse 34!

So, I have confessed and I feel better!  Trust me I am going to take my own advice!  And today so far I am!  I have supper slow cooking and two more dinners started...three loads of laundry done!  Praise God I can do all things through Christ who strengthen me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is up, girl? Call me if you need to talk.~j