Friday, October 24, 2008

Thinking...

I was still going through old emails...found some of a child that we really thought we were bringing home..waiting for Kristina. We fell in love with him. John was not in the picture yet. Anyway, waiting was difficult, I put the cart ahead of the horse and bought some clothes, painted his room, got bedding, and did some wall art for him. Everything was ready..then the glitch happened. I got a little sad as I read those emails..I was so sure it was him. But of course God knows better then I do!! :)

The whole time during out adoption process was an up and down adventure! Trying not to stress waiting for emails, keeping busy with our dossier stuff and remodeling our house... Getting Kristina seemed so surreal..of course I cried and thanked God!! Then we had major re-decorating to do. One of my sisters helped me re-do the room that I did for our boy that we thought was coming....



It was now ready for our little Kristina. The mirror belonged to my mother..she got it at the same age that Kristina was. My mom came to America at the same age as well. Kinda weird. We worked on the picket fence forever. I like to paint..walls not decorative stuff. But I think it turned out okay...we just had a couple of weeks to get it together...(we were not fast!) All the flowers were painted by hand and they were all over the bedroom. We used stencils for the butterflies and bugs.. :)

I am thankful all the time that God is in control...I finally can sit back in His arms and rest in HIM!!! Woo HOO Our time will come with the decision for John. I cried yesterday because I really want him!! Then I tried to get busy with other things...re-arranging cupboards, and I colored my hair yesterday...

Nothing that ambitious today...lots of school activites and menu planning... :)

No comments: