Friday, October 3, 2008

October.....

Hi, it seems like fall is definitely here! It is chilly in the morning...saw my breath this morning! One of our dogs didn't want to walk on the frost...poor baby! :) We went for a walk before lunch...it was nice. Sun was shining and it's cool enough to wear a jacket! Lots of fresh air.

You know you never know how your day is going to go and what you are going to learn. Can you imagine that things could happen that would blow you away! Of course, the good and the bad. It was about a year and a half ago the this was going around...When you woke up, the first thing you said was surprise me God. I did that for a long time!! My attentiveness was really tuned in...somedays the surprises were little, a teachable moment, made me smile, but best of all was the day we got surprised with Kristina. Dan and I were SO surprised...it was a miracle. Out of the clear blue.

I guess, I am going to try to do that again...asking God to surprise me, not that I want the answer to our adoption. God knows and when the time is right then, I will know. Remember the p word? Yep, that is my word. I claim it. Now, don't get me wrong...I still think about it from time to time...but now I wait PATIENTLY!! And I live through other people who are adopting! Can you believe the parents who get children and the children that get the parents? Families!! I love that word!!

No comments: