Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tree Stands and the Big Dipper...

Those are my latest projects! Dan and I were putting up our tree, with a brand NEW tree stand I bought on clearance last year. It was supposed to hold the tree straight with out the hassle...did NOT work. We spent 40 minutes on it. The tradition that we started with Kristina was to decorate it while she slept to surprise her in the morning. That has not happened quite yet. My mom and I drove to Walmart to get a new tree stand at ten o'clock at night! Came home and we put the tree stand on and set the tree upright and it was perfectly straight! :) Yeah!! We have not been home to decorate the tree.. Maybe tonight..or maybe I can do it while she is napping? A surprise to my hubby and my daughter? Cool beans!!

Now the Big Dipper...we live out of the "city" so we see lots of stars. We went to my parent's house for a chili supper last night. When we were driving there...it looked like we were going to drive right in it. Kinda cool!! It brought back memories as a kid. I would look up in the sky in the winter when we would go places...I thought about God and how he made each of them and they are all different. Just like the people on earth! Now that is a "wow" concept to me!

Lunch is calling for Kristina...

No comments: