Sunday, January 4, 2009

SNOW BUNNY...

My little girl is outside! We got about 6 inches of fresh snow. She went out last night and played for a while. There is snow up to her swing, but she tried to swing anyway! :) My husband said it was the cutest thing. Snow drifted up to the back garage door, so I put her on a slide and she slid into the backyard! :) Cutest thing!!

Her papa has to finish snowplowing..he did enough to get us out of the driveway for church. The roads were slick going on the main highway. We drive about twenty-five minutes and I think that I grabbed my handle several times..even saw a car in the ditch, and a few fresh tracks that went off the road! :(

Our pastor was sick this morning..and the other ones were out of town..so our music director lead services today. It was the best...it was like angels singing in heaven! Dan and I feel so "light" and peaceful!! I am one of the angels that the verse about making a joyful noise unto the Lord is for! :)

A Song...

There is a song that was sang that reminded me of the time waiting for Kristina. We have dubbed it her song.. I always have tears when I sing it! It's called..
"Blessed Be Your Name"
Blessed be Your name in the land that is plentiful Where Your streams of abundance flow, Blessed be Your name And blessed be Your name when I’m found in the desert place, Though I walk through the wilderness Blessed be your name
Every blessing You pour out I’ll turn back to praise And when the darkness closes in Lord, Still I will say
Blessed be the name of the Lord Blessed be Your name Blessed be the name of the Lord Blessed be Your glorious name
Blessed be Your name when the sun’s shining down on me When the world’s “all as it should be” Blessed be Your name And blessed be Your name on the road marked with suffering Though there’s pain in the offering Blessed be Your name
You give and take away You give and take away My heart will choose to say Lord, blessed be Your name

There are several times when there are repeats in the song...but the words are all there. I am not sure who wrote it or even sings it...other then us! :) After singing the song, I thought about all the families adopting and prayed for them! I prayed that God would give them peace and the strength to endure the ups and downs of adopting. And to make their FAITH stronger while waiting. I also thought of the testimony that is shown through all the families that know God and their children will know Him as well. How cool is that..not only knowing that they have a mommy and a daddy, but also a Father in heaven! I was so excited for that...I wanted to shout out while we were singing and praying! Praise God for the families who listened to God's calling!!

I prayed for John, my love for him is strong! My prayer was that God would continue to make him strong. And I could "see" him while I was praying.. I know that sounds unreal..it is hard to explain.. God is stronger than any thing and any person/s..and right now I have faith that he will be our son one day..maybe even soon. My mom asked me the other day if it was hard for me to know that he was getting older..he is six. I said no, I never think about his age..he will succeed to whatever heights that God wants us to guide him to. My "son" has a spirit that shines! God is with him and for that I am thankful!

The Vikings are about to start..I am a fair weather fan, I watch the beginning, middle and sometimes the end. If they are on at noontime..then I nap while "watching". :) Need to claim my spot on the couch..Calvin wants to be held and loved..

No comments: