Thursday, November 20, 2008

Three months and three days...

I can NOT believe how time flies!! A few posts ago I said the same thing! But it is true! Next week we get our tree...then only one month and a smidge it will be 2009. My goodness!! I think the older I get the faster time goes? Maybe. Or having a daughter makes it go by faster? :)

In some ways it really feels like it was a few months ago that we brought Kristina home! And we met John at the same time! Love that boy! I have praying for him...like constantly!! He is so close to my heart...and growing like I thought he would, and have been praying for. God knows my heart...

People from our church went out to start a mission to help troubled marriages. Like a retreat type place with counseling. Anyway, they had just built there barn with the church youth group helping just a few months ago. There was an explosion of a propane tank..while it was being changed. Knocked our friend like ten feet away and then the barn burned with almost ALL of their personal possessions inside. They are sleeping in a tiny cabin..and used the barn as an office and a play area for their kids. We saw pictures of the aftermath. Everything was gone. Charred pictures of their wedding pictures..beds, lawn furniture, cd's, books, toys...everything.

I left church with the thought of that...could I leave my stuff behind? And I can honestly say, yes! Stuff doesn't matter...it's the people and my relationship with God that truly matters! So, with that being said..if you could remember them in your prayers that would be great!! And now I am off to de-clutter some more cupboards and such! Getting ready for Christmas...

No comments: